They say the best way to experience a new culture is to spend time with the locals, eat the food, and see it firsthand. If you’re lucky enough to be visiting St. Thomas, do yourself a favor and be sure to sign up for a food tour with St. Thomas Food Tours. Here are five reasons why:
- St. Thomas Food Tours is the only locally owned and operated food tour on the island. You have the once in a lifetime opportunity to learn about St. Thomas from someone who was ‘bahn’ or born, and raised here. Every one of our tour guides is an expert on the island, its history, and of course, its food.
- Let’s be real for a second. You didn’t come to St. Thomas just to eat fish tacos and hamburgers. The Virgin Islands has a phenomenal cuisine that is completely unique in the world. It’s a wonderful coming together of cultures from around the globe. You’ll find a plenty of West African flavor, touch of Dutch and Danish, East Indian, French and mainland American cuisine and together they make something you won’t find anywhere else. And since our tour guides are in the know about where to go for that authentic local flavor, you can rest assured you’ll be getting the best of the best that the island has to offer.
- But it’s not just food you’ll be getting. There are 350 years of history wrapped up in our food tours. From the native Awaraks and Caribs all the way to the present day, you’ll be a hear about it all. Whether you’re a history buff or are keen to learn about our vibrant culture and what makes it so special, we have you covered.
- Our tour guides aren’t just locals, they’re trained professionals with years of experience in the industry. They know how to make you feel welcome, can answer virtually any question you might have, and you’ll go away feeling that not only have you learned a lot and eaten well, but take with you fond memories that will last a lifetime.
- If this is your first time visiting beautiful St. Thomas, don’t bother letting Google tell you where to go or what to do. Forget keeping your nose buried in a tourist guide. Simply sign up for one of our food tours at the start of your trip. You’ll not only get a crash course in St. Thomas’ history, culinary delights, and culture, you can find out firsthand where to go and what to what to do on St. Thomas from the people who know it and love it best, St. Thomians!